Are you afraid of being bored during your holiday? Don’t panic, don’t miss out on the region’s must-sees. You can already go for a walk in the two biggest cities of the region: Nîmes and Montpellier. The Mediterranean Sea, just a stone’s throw away, will also welcome you with open arms for your vacations.
– The 9 locks of Fonséranes: located on the Canal du Midi, they are the mythical work of the waterways of the time. Located 3 kms from Béziers, these will recharge your batteries, in harmony with nature.
– The Gellone Abbey in St Guilhem le Désert: this is one of the most beautiful abbeys in the world. Located in a small village in the South of France, the village gives a very special touch to this beautiful abbey. Visit without delay!
– The Abbey of Valmagne: is a very beautiful and ancient abbey in France. Located near a pond, it is easy to recharge your batteries at this abbey. Moreover, a vineyard is located there. It’s top, you can even improvise a small visit, tasting on the spot.
– The Cathedral of Maguelone: located on a peninsula, the cathedral is a monument not to be missed in the Hérault. The setting and history of this monument make it an icon of the region.
– La Maison Noilly-Prat: a true institution, it is in this house that the drink Aperitif has been created for over 200 years. The spices used for this drink come from all over the world. The secret of this drink is well kept within these walls.
– La grotte de Clamouse: go on a fairy tale journey in this beautiful classified cave. It is located in St Jean de Fosse. It is amazing for its unique concretions in the universe of caves.
– La grotte des Demoiselles: located at the foot of the Cevennes, this cave is remarkable.
–The regional natural park of the Haut Languedoc: between the Tarn and the Hérault, the park extends over many hectares, as far as the eye can see.
– Lac du Salagou: an expanse of water to lose your eyesight, does it tempt you? Nothing more beautiful to marvel at and refresh you for a day.
As for cultural offerings, a few museums are available to you in the Hérault:
– Musée Fabre: this is an institution in the region. Everyone knows this museum, located in saint jean. It is the main museum of fine arts in the region. This one was created in 1828. It presents magnificent contemporary works of art.
– Musée de Lodève: renovated in 2017, this museum is recent and covers a wide period of French history. It is one of the museums that tells the largest part of the history of France. Very interesting, the visits are prized in the region.
– L’espace George Brassens: for fans of the singer, there is nothing like a little tour in this space. You will rediscover facets of his life that you did not know!”
Besides all these cultural offers, you can also bet onsea and mountain, Valras beach, lakes, forest walks, etc… The offer in France is so varied that you are bound to find your happiness for your holidays. Otherwise go to Cap d’Agde for a daring vacation, full of parties and nudist beaches. Multiple possibilities are offered to you in France, in a gite. All types of vacations are possible in the Herault: cultural, serene or even sporty with the many possible walks. The choice is yours!